Friday, February 24, 2017

A (Brit) on Milo Yiannopoulis (sp.?).

This week I had lunch with my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend (the brother of the brother-sister pair who I'm friends with).

Because of Milo Yiannopoulis (sp.?) being in the news, he came up in the conversation.

"He's a nasty piece of work," my one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend was like.  "He belongs in the gossip columns, not being interviewed on television."

He then went on to say that he saw a clip of Bill Maher interviewing him, and Milo was able to say the most outlandish things without being challenged.

In any case, I found that perspective very interesting, that Britain might have a cultural location where those type of people are known and can be contained, whereas here they leak out into the news and are given more credence.

My one (half British) (half Sudanese) friend also said that he doesn't believe the whole part about Milo's (black) boyfriend.

"He lies and says he's Jewish and then sometimes he's Catholic, and he's probably lying about this.  Who would date him?", he was like.

Then, he added, "And no-one's seen him."

"Maybe he sneaks into his house at night," I was like.

No comments: