Tuesday, February 21, 2017

New calendar for 2017.

My local grocery store was handing out free calendars when you went through checkout right before Christmas (though, oddly enough, I discovered that the calendar also had a single 2016 page for December so you could start using it right away).

Anyhow, I love that calendar.

It has stuff like Goya ads and is dual English/Spanish, and has a bunch of saints' days with abbreviations afterwards for which hispanic country they're celebrated in, e.g. -

St. Barbara's Day (CU) / [Spanish version of the words] (CU)

- to show you that it's St. Barbara's Day, and that Cubans celebrate it.

I love it how I know now when stuff like the Feast of Our Lady Guadalupe is happening, and some of my neighbors are probably celebrating it.

It's definitely a step up from my last (also free) calendar, which was a big giant shill for the local major league ballpark, and had pictures of people tonging out chicken strips from a buffet's metal Sterno tin in one of the stadium's deluxe lounges.

No comments: