Wednesday, November 2, 2016

New neighbors:

This old vaguely brown looking man walks a small dog, and when we talk, his name is [a hispanic name] and he's taking care of his daughter who lives in Miami's dogs.

Later, I meet an older woman out in the immaculately cut small yard of the house, and she introduces herself with a hispanic name, Rosy for short, though she says my landlord calls her "nosy Rosy" because she likes to know everything that goes on.

She also says she'd be happy to watch my packages for me like she did for the woman who formerly lived in my apartment because sometimes there's strange people walking up and down the block looking close at every house, and also to be good to my landlord, because if I'm good to the apartment he'll be good to me, but if I'm not, he'll keep all of the rent deposit.

She also said she was glad that I'm not a black tenant, since the last black tenant they had there was always people over, and they parked motorcycles outside.

No comments: