Sunday, October 30, 2016

A secondhand tale of suicide.

The other weekend when I was out by the lake I bumped into a friend who I did my masters with, and later that night we ended up going out for a drink together at the (black) neighborhood bar.,

Somehow we got on the subject of autoerotic asphyxiation, and she told me a story that a friend of hers told her years ago:

Some guy that that guy knew grew up in an uber-conservative Catholic family in the Midwest, and he committed suicide.

Because they were embarrassed that he'd go to hell, that guy's family cooked up a story that he died from autoerotic asphyxiation, since although that was shameful, that way the suicide was accidental and not intentional, and so none of their friends or family would think that their kid went to hell.

No comments: