Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Final moving indignity.

The day that I get up to move, I'm going around the apartment getting the very final stuff ready, and I start feeling an itching on my lower back.

I scratch and I scratch, so I go to look in the mirror, and right above my butt crack is a bedbug bite.

Later that evening, they start itching again, and I go to look in the mirror again and notice that it's actually three really close together (the bugs shift feeding places as you move while you sleep, that's why the bites are so close together).

Interestingly, the morning of the move as I was going outside to run a pre-move errand, I met a new guy who was living downstairs as a subletter - and when I asked him if he had noticed anything, he said lately he had been waking up itching in the morning.

I think he has the bedroom directly below mine, so it must be that the bugs are in the walls!

He also must be one of the people who feels bites, but not severely like me.

No comments: