Thursday, November 3, 2016

My new landlord on my first day:

My (Polish-American) landlord was cleaning the already very clean house when I came over with the first load of my stuff, and I had to tell him that the apartment was already clean well beyond my expectations, so to save himself some work and just stop.

"I'll be okay if you're okay," he was like.

He also told me he doesn't like to do work in an apartment unless a person is there, so some time in the next month or so I should give him a day's notice for a Saturday or a Sunday when he can come over and fix the bathtub grout.

He then led me into the bathtub and showed me two small places on the grout where it had gotten mildew-y.

"You can't get that out," he was like, "so you have to replace it all."

He also showed me how I should just put the rent check in an envelope and slide it behind a light fixture in back external-but-enclosed staircase, and that's where he picks it up.

"You never have to see me if you don't want to," he deadpanned.

No comments: