Saturday, April 9, 2016

Deja Vu w/Chinese food and politics.

So, I meet my one lawyer friend from Missouri at a Chinese restaurant on a Sunday afternoon for lunch, and she gets some spicy beef dish at its spiciest (which is something that she does), and then when we're talking politics, she says that the one GOP Senator from my state "has to go" and in the middle of this conversation starts wheezing from the heat to the point where someone has to go get her some water.

Then, afterwards, I head down to a local state rep's campaign office, and there one of the other phonebankers is this (late) (middle-aged) (African-American) gentleman who hadn't had lunch, and he says he doesn't mind heat, so I share the leftovers from my other friend's meal with him, since she had sent them home with me.

Then, when we're talking politics, he says that the one GOP Senator from my state "has to go" and in the middle of this conversation starts wheezing from the heat to the point where someone has to go get him some water.

It was total deja vu, all in the same afternoon!

My eyes got wide, and I just wondered.

No comments: