Sunday, October 18, 2015

More laundromat happenings.

At the laundromat the other week, I bumped into the wife of my upstairs neighbor couple with the kids who sometimes run around in the morning and who don't seem too concerned with thinking through and fighting an infestation even though their young son has had bites.

I asked the wife if they had seen any more signs of bedbugs, and even though I had received a text from her husband that day that there had been nothing that week (I text my neighbors to check in every time I wake up with bites), she said on Thurs. her son had woken up with 2 bites close together.

"Oh wow," I was like, "That's definitely bed bugs," and then I offered (again) to help them get set up against them, since the infestation would just get worse and b/c even though the pest control company didn't find anything, that company didn't seem to be too good.

"Yeah," she was like, "We were thinking it wasn't bed bugs and maybe something else, since nothing had happened in like two weeks."

I then gently offered (again) to help them, and listed the evenings that week that I'd be home, but she seemed totally noncommital and just out there.

As soon as she left, I talked with the (Mexican) woman there, the one my downstairs stoner dudebro neighbor had asked if she had five husbands.

I told her that that woman was my neighbor, and though her son had gotten bites, she didn't seem to care.

The (Mexican) woman seemed aghast.

I then told her that they were weird people, and "she has crazy eyes" (ella tiene ojos locos).

The (Mexican) woman laughed and agreed, and said she had noticed that.

No comments: