Saturday, October 24, 2015

Interesting supermarket happenings…

The other evening, I was at the supermarket on a Sunday to get my groceries as usual.

When I was doubling back in the produce section to get some carrots, a young (Asian) woman backed her cart from sticking out of the aisle.

“Sorry!”, she was like, flashing braces.

“No problem,” I was like.

The store was very busy, and there was an exceptional amount of kids doing cute things.

One (hispanic) family I passed had the older daughter walking beside the cart, and the mom trailing behind, and the dad pushing the cart, with this tired young 5 year-old sitting cross-legged in the cart.

Later, by the eggs, when I passed them again, the kid had a plastic vegetable bag out, inflated full up and he was waving it back and forth from side to side in the cart, though not bouncing it off the sides.


When I went down the coffee – tea – spices aisle to go get some vacuum-packed coffee, this little (African-American) toddler was coming up the aisle being like “Bye bye! Bye bye!”, I think because that one N-SYNC song “Bye Bye Bye” was playing over the loudspeakers, though I’m not sure that the toddler’s family was aware of it, or even paying attention.

No comments: