Saturday, December 6, 2014

Stepping back and looking at my life: The economics of it all.

When I step back and look at my life, I see:

1) My low-paying job takes up an inordinate amount of hours.

2) I don't have hope or the means for a vacation any time soon.

3) Timewise, relationships have been sacrificed.

Really, I think I'm patterning as someone on the wrong side of the economy.

A lot of people I know are feeling that...

A(n Italian) guy I know who's an adjunct instructor has been a bit disturbed by how much he works and yet doesn't have hope for a vacation, and so I told him that maybe the problem wasn't vacations, but that with the way life is right now, maybe it's our expectations, and maybe we should start recognizing that vacations aren't for people like us.

He just grimaced, and the look in his eyes made it seem like he agreed.

Really, everywhere you look, the social classes are realigning.

No comments: