Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Making a woman laugh at the bank.

The other day I had some minor stuff to take care of at the local banking branch near the university campus, and the (black) woman who greets customers when they walk in ended up helping me.

She looked familiar - she said I looked familiar too - and so we ended up reintroducing ourselves.

Then, as she helped me with some stuff on my account, I kept helping myself to Halloween candy from this little bowl in front of me.

"I hope you don't mind how much candy I'm eating," I was like.

"No, that's what it's there for," she was like.

"Cool," I was like, "And plus you're probably like, 'Get that away from me!'".

Then, she was like, "He said, I say, 'Get that away from me!'," and at that she laughed.

Then, I told her how a long time ago I was talking with a friend-of-a-friend who was working as a frycook, and he put on ten pounds through "tot dipping", where he'd pop a few tater tots in his mouth with every order he plated, and next thing he knew, he gained ten pounds.

At that, she just cracked up.  "He said, 'Tot dipping'!", she was like.

After she got done helping me, we tried to remember how we knew each other, and we both agreed it must have been from her helping me with something at the bank before.

"Did you have a questionable charge?", she was like.

I didn't, so she ended up looking me up in the system, and it turns out that I had had her get my checks mailed to that branch for me, since my mail was undependable and I didn't want them getting stolen.

No comments: