Friday, November 14, 2014

Bonding with Spanish speakers.

Two times ago when I was heading out of town for a trip, I hopped the bus near my house to get a ride up to the subway w/my luggage.

For whatever reason, the driver drove fast and laid on the horn and blazed through yellow lights and got us to the station in record time.

A(n older) (Mexican) woman who had made room for me to sit down with my luggage seemed bemused by the driver's driving, and she and another woman she was with made eyes at each other as the driver laid on the horn right before we got to the station.

"Wow," I said to the (older) (Mexican) woman right after the driver laid on the horn that last time.  "Que aggressivo" ("How aggressive").

And then, when she nodded in agreement, I raised one eyebrow mischievously and said dramatically, "Me gusta" ("I like it"), and at that she and the other woman laughed.

No comments: