Monday, May 14, 2012

Story of my Grandmother.

I forgot -

Like a month ago I was talking with my parents on the phone, and my mom was like, "You know who I ran into the other day?  [some woman's name]!"

I had no idea who it was, so I asked her, and she was like, "Oh, her and her husband used to own the car lot a few blocks down from the bar, and she had a real distinctive voice and used to drink at home and call into the bar looking for her husband and be like, '[MY DAAAAD'S NAME], IS [THE WOMAN'S HUSBAND'S NAME] THERE?  DON'T LIE TO ME, I KNOW HE'S THERE...'"

My mom also said that years ago, my grandmother and her friend Clara were visiting and went for a drink at my parents' bar, and that woman for some reason didn't like them, and even though she never talked with them, she just gave them a finger from across the bar whenever they looked in her direction.

"Why would she do that?", I was like.

"I don't know," my mom was like.  "Maybe because they dressed so well?  It was kind of stupid, they were all in their 60s."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

age does not change anything.