Friday, May 18, 2012

Dream of a concert.

The other night I dreamed I walked into a dingy lobby of a high-school type auditorium, where there was a fake wood panel ticket booth immediately to the right on the back wall, and some seats set up to the left on the linoleum, facing a few doors through which I could see an auditorium with dirty red fabric seats descending steeply to a stage.

Some people were sitting in the seats, so I joined them.

After a bit, I walked over to the leftmost door, and slipped in without having to pay... The auditorium wasn't that full, but I stood in the aisle and watched as some stuff got set up, and then I walked over along the top row to talk to a few people whose faces I don't remember and who I somehow knew.

As I talked to them, I noticed some stagehands wheeling out from behind a blue-green (but mostly green) divan without arms way down below on the stage, and I notice that Tammy Faye Baker (sp.?) was reclined on it and singing as they slowly moved it over to the left and then up to the front of the stage.

She got up by the front row to talk to people and wave as her song ended, and I waved to her from way away in my seat, and I thought she waved back and may have blown a kiss to me, but I wasn't sure.

Then the people I was next to said it was a great concert and had been going on all morning, and they showed me a paper written out in pencil showing which stars would get ready where for the performance; after one star finished, another would begin somewhere else on the stage, so there was never an empty moment...

I looked, and among the many names, what leapt out at me was "Carole King" written in the middle of a half oval of seats, up on the upper right part of the paper representing the stage.

I found it surprising that so many stars would be in such a bad high school stage, with the wall being of concrete blocks and dirty windows way up on them letting the sun stream in.

No comments: