Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Filed a police report before 9am.

So, a few weekends ago, I filed a police report before 9am.

It was a Saturday morning, and I got woken up at 8:30am by some (white) yuppie woman's dog that she left tied outside while she ran in to the yuppie bakery that's now on the 1st floor of my building.

Since this was going on for like 5 minutes, I got out of bed to go to the window to yell like I always do, when I saw the paunchy (white) (I think gay) (probably) owner come outside with a treat to give to the dog...

(I've seen him do that several times, to quiet down noisy dogs.)

Anyhow, when the woman came out - a late 30s (white) woman in black sunglasses and a hot pink spring jacket - I opened my window, and was like, "Hi, is that your dog...?", and I went in to my usual spiel about how the dog seems nerved up and upset, and maybe he shouldn't be left outside alone if he gets that way, etc., when the (paunchy (likely gay) owner just flipped out at me and from the sidewalk began shouting over me, "HEY, SHUT UP, WE DON'T NEED THAT HERE, SHUT UP THIS MINUTE OR I'M GOING TO COME KICK YOUR ASS?  YOU HEAR THAT, I'M GOING TO COME UP THERE AND KICK YOUR ASS!".

Over him, I just said to the woman that she should be ashamed of herself for treating her dog that way, and she yelled at me that she was proud of the way she treated her dog, and walked away, all the while that the owner continued to yell threats at me.

I shut the window calmly, and called 311.  The cop there said that that was a threat to assault, and gave me the report number and said that I'd be getting in the mail a Victim Rights' pamphlet, and to keep the number handy in case I ever got threatened again, because at that point I should call 911 and get the guy arrested.

The guy's reaction was so disproportionate, that I avoided walking by the bakery, and I didn't yell out my window at some (older) (yuppie) mom the next day to have her dog be quiet.  I really did feel intimidated, and bullied...

It goes without saying that I'm not getting my bread there anymore, and I'm def. not going to tutor my one Greek student there every week all summer like I had been planning.

No comments: