Saturday, March 24, 2012

Odd public transportation sight.

Like 3 weeks ago I was taking the bus through a bad (black) part of town like at 10pm at night to get to the subway, and out of nowhere, I can see up ahead this wispy little (early 20s) (white) girl walking past a fried-food place and a gas station to get to the bus stop.

When she gets on, I'm looking at her like "Where did she come from?", and I notice several (black) people doing the same thing.

She got off at the subway, and I asked her what she was doing in that part of town at this time of night.

She looked at me blankly, and I told her that not many (white) people get on the bus there, ever.

"But I live there," she was like.

"Really?", I was like. "Why?"

"I moved to [the city]," she was like, "And decided to live there."

She seemed sweet, but kind of vacant - a little bit like Luna Lovegood! - and I stopped talking, since she seemed a little bit perplexed why I was so hung up on where she lived.

I did ask if she ever had any problems, and she said that she didn't.

No comments: