Friday, March 23, 2012

2 black women on public transportation.

I was talking with one mid-20s (black) woman on the bus, and it turns out that she lives near the president's house, and she says that whenever he's home, the lights go out, and if you call the electric company, they'll say they'll get to it "in the morning".

"But in the morning it don't matter!", she was like. "I don't know what they're up to."

The next day I was getting off the subway at a busy intersection where you have to cross a busy boulevard with 4 lanes of traffic in each direction, and me and a(n early 30s) black woman were waiting for a break in the traffic to cross to get to the approaching bus, and I was like, "Ok, time for the [name of the stree] Hustle! Five steps forward, a few steps back to avoid a car, five more steps forward..."

She just laughed and was like, "Right!".

No comments: