Friday, September 23, 2011

Wisconsinites - They can really annoy me.

The other weekend I was drinking with my one Czech literature friend and her friend on a bar patio downtown, and all these UW people were walking by after a local football game.

First, we joked a lot, since I guess the Wisconsin cheer is "Go Badg!" (=badgers), which my friend heard as "Go vag!".

Second, I was joking that I should just chant "RE-CALL WALK-ER!" as everyone passed by to see how many people supported it, though I got talked out of it because many of the people were extremely big and tough-looking and very very drunk.

But, these two (early 50s) (Wisconsin) couples sat down on the patio for food and a beer, and we started talking to them, and when the one couple said they were from Madison, I was like, "Oh, what do you think of how the train line isn't going to get extended anymore?" (= Walker didn't accept federal funding).

"Well, it's controversial," the one (white) guy said, and just clammed up.

Bitch. I know he was a Walker supporter.

No comments: