Saturday, September 24, 2011

Joking with Africans.

The other week I was in the store shopping, and there was this well-dressed (West African) couple picking up some groceries after church.

I had to pass them, and the wife stepped out of my way in the aisle, being like "Excuse me," and as soon as I got my eggs, I turned to get some other stuff, and it turns out that we were in each other's way again as we were reaching for vegetables!

"Do you want to dance?", I was like, enunciating my words slowly in case their English wasn't that good. "But your husband is right here!"

At that, she laughed, and the guy really laughed, and as I walked by he patted my arm and was like, "Good one."

One of my favorite things about West Africans is their genuine appreciation for easy-going situational humor.

No comments: