Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Discount Supermarket Chain.

The other day I was in this discount supermarket chain in my new neighborhood, this one that had been successful in Germany and imported into the U.S. a number of years ago, I guess.

One thing that was interesting was how they had open cases of products and no frills, to drive down prices.

The other thing I noticed was the huge array of brands that I had never heard of – but when I’d flip them over and see where the brands were based, they’d all have this little notice saying they were produced by the supermarket chain in a different part of the state. I wonder if it’s part of the success of the chain, to have people think they’re buying a wide variety of different brands, when really they’re just buying the store’s generic brand over and over no matter what they buy.

No comments: