Monday, November 29, 2010

NEWS FLASH.

I started writing my dissertation today. I got a couple paragraphs, but it's still a start on the programmatic overview, which hopefully I can workshop in the winter and set myself up to get a dissertation fellowship for next year!!!

The only mitigating suckiness is that I found out this weekend that John Waters is in town this upcoming month for a one-man Christmas stand-up show for one night only, and it happens to be the night of the mayoral candidate debate I got invited to through the community organizing group in my new neighborhood, so I'm skipping John Waters to go to that. :/

I figure the mayoral thing is a one-time event, whereas maybe I'll have another chance to see John Waters again at some point in my life. And, plus it will be fun to meet new people in the neighborhood like I have through the community organizing group, the leadership of which likes me a lot, btw, because I like to go do door-to-door stuff, they don't have enough volunteers for that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:/ on not seeing John Waters but :) on the dissertation and two thumbs up!
L.