Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Addendum - Scrotal Showing.

I forgot -

During the scrotal showing, the resident intern who originally examined me with the German dermatologist was there for like 1/3 of the time, and he stood there in order to cut me off if I gave too many hints away to the other doctors, since I was going to be the focus of his presentation that afternoon and he didn't want to give away the surprise of my condition. He even cut me off when someone asked me about travel history, even though before he got there I had told some doctors and was like, "Well, last summer I was in the Netherlands, and the summer before that...", at which point they all had cut me off, though one when she found out I was in Africa, said it was too long ago to matter. I thought that was silly, since it's not like that clued them in majorly.

Also, sometimes when I'd offer to show my scrotum, the doctors would be like, "Sure," and start ducking down to look, even though the chair I was sitting in faced a long busy corridor and the door was wide open.

Also also, I grilled the resident what he though about astrology.

"Not much, except that I read my horoscope everyday," he was like.

"That's Western astrology, I was like. "And that's bullshit."

Then, I told him about how my one friend whose parents are Indian dabbles in astrology and told me that I had the problem with my testicles during a 6-month period that was inauspicious for that area of the body.

"That's so weird," he was like.

"Tell that to the doctors during your presentation this afternoon and see what they think!", I said, and I kind of hope he did, because a good number of the doctors who came through the scrotal showing were Indian, and I wonder what they would have thought about that.

No comments: