Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Supernatural story from my one friend with the cat.

My one friend with the cat told me about the most supernatural thing that ever happened to her...

When she was in her 20s, she was house-sitting for her sister one winter back in her hometown, and she was getting bored, and then she suddenly remembered that right nearby was the cemetary where her dad was buried, though she hadn't been there since she was 5 and at his funeral.

So, she goes there on impulse, and she knows the way to his grave somehow, she makes 2 turns and she's there, and the next thing she knows she's standing in front of his grave in light shoes and clothes that are totally inappropriate for the weather, and she's telling him everything that's happened to her in the years since he died, and when she has nothing left to say, she goes home, and there's a message on the answering machine -

which, she said, sounded like something really unearthly and sweet singing until the entire tape was used up, and she could only describe it as choirs of angels.

"What did your sister think of it?", I was like.

"Oh, nothing," she was like, "I think I erased it before she got home."

No comments: