Saturday, August 28, 2010

Horrific dream.

I was walking past some drunk (black) homeless people by a bus shelter, and this poorly-shaven (black) drunk guy starts walking along beside me, and as I look back, this older (black) woman shakes her head like I shouldn't be walking there, and I'm in trouble.

The next thing I know the guy is crazy and pulls out a knife to cut me, but I grab his hand, and he almost gets his knife with his other hand and is about to dig it into my wrist, but I'm able to smack it away and tackle him into the ground, and I'm able to pin him with my knees, and I'm bawling and bawling because I'm so upset at being attacked and I'm asking the (white) people and (black and white) pedestrians to call the police, but no one will, and so to make sure the (black) homeless guy doesn't move, I keep twisting him in my hands, till he's like a wrung-out towel like 2.5 feet long that I'm pinning down with my knees, but it's writhing, and I can't let it go, but the police aren't coming, and I'm just bawling and bawling, "Somebody help me!"

And then I woke up.

...I think the elements of this dream were the (usually black) panhandlers I see when I walk to the store in my new neighborhood, and how when I'm down in my old neighborhood and I take my bathing suit along so I can go swimming at the beach I like down there, I always wring out my bathing suit afterwards before I put it in my backpack, and the navy blue swimsuit almost gets to be black when it's wet, and it was the size of the man when he was wrung out in my dream...

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

Do black people frequently remind you of towels?