Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Addendum.

I forgot -

It really was time to move from my old neighborhood.

At the swingers bbq, a friend of the swinger-woman was a local non-kinky businesswoman, and she was really drunk, and kept telling me all night about how she had an offer to be the head of a non-profit in my old neighborhood, but there was all this pressure to move there and give up her apartment downtown, but she couldn't do it.

"It's Mayberry!", she was like.

In retrospect, there's a lot of truth to that - everywhere you go, you run into people you know, whether you like it or not.

For example, my one friend who's a (tenured) prof was having a drink with an undergraduate advisee of hers whose senior thesis she's supervising, and the girl stayed to drink with us.

As it turns out, 2 of her friends were in my section - and 1 of them was the one that transferred out. Erp. The girl was like, "Yes, [the one who stayed] and [the one who left] were even in the same section together for a while!"

But, luckily I just said that I knew them from the class, and didn't say I had TAed them.

No comments: