Thursday, March 11, 2010

Very nice.

The other day I was coming home and I saw the one homeless (black) guy who hangs out on the corner opposite my apartment asking for money from people coming out of a local deli.

(He hasn't been there in a while.)

He had a toothache again, so he asked me for some Ibuprofen if I had any to spare, and just like I did a few months ago, I went up to my apartment and put some in a plastic baggie and wrote out the instructions from the pill bottle and came back and gave it to him.

"Thank you, big guy" he was like.

Then, I told him that I was moving in a few weeks, so I had given him some extra to tide him over.

Then, he offered to help me move if I needed help (and I don't think he meant for money, but just as a being-nice kind of thing).

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Big guy?

el blogador said...

He calls everyone that, just like i call everyone "sir" or "ma'am" as a slang thing.