Monday, March 8, 2010

2 (black) people talking (black)with each other story.

So, the other day I ran into the one (black) friend of my one (black) friend who works the library desk on Sun. nights...

She has a masters degree from the university from years ago, and when she moved back to the city, she moved to the university neighborhood for family and personal reasons, and still uses the library as an alumnus (I don't use the word "alumna", I find it pretentious).

Anyhow, I ran into her outside and it was a nice day, so we sat outside and had a snack - we both had oranges with us, and sat outside on the main library steps and peeled them - and then, what do you know, one of the library desk workers (an older [black] man) who we know had just gotten off shift and was walking out, and we both waved to him, and I was like, "Be sure to enjoy the day!"

"I sure will," he was like, "I'll be getting out to enjoy it."

"And knowing you," my (black) friend was like - and when she spoke to him, her voice even got deeper and (black)er -- "I'm sure you'll be getting into some trouble then, too!".

"Oh, I'll sure be getting into something later," the guy was like, "and that something is bed."

At that, my friend swatted her hand at him and laughed, and he walked away to go find his car.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

Agreed about "alumna."