Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Addendum.

Also, we started talking somehow about crime in the neighborhood, and says what drives her crazy is all those Asian girls who walk around with iPods.

"I go up to them and I show them my school ID so they know I'm not crazy, and I tell them as somone looking out for them that they better take those goddamn earbuds out of their head, because if they don't watch out, someone's going to come rip them right off them," she was like.

Then, after a beat, she was like, "And I tell them, if someone you don't know who looks dirty in a dirty coat and kinda crazy tries to stop you to talk to you, you don't do that, but you hold your hand out right there and say, 'Stop right fucking there you crazy-ass motherfucker,' because if you say that, they do stop... They think it's kind of harsh, but then you have to explain to them that it's kind of like a South-side hello, and it's not as impolite as they think."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to remember that one!