Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Did I tell this story?

Can't remember if I did -

A few Fridays ago my grad division had its once-a-term, apocalyptic "free food and open bar" event from 4-8pm... I wasn't drinking because of a sinus infection, and afterward when everyone left, snow was falling, and there was like 2 inches of snow on the ground, and a couple ministerial students who were hammered were outside smoking and looking at this cute little bunny grazing among an ivy patch outside that was just beginning to be covered in snow.

At that, I horked up some snot in the back of my mouth, and was like, "Five bucks that I can spit on the rabbit!", saying that and cradling this big lump of snot in my mouth.

Everyone was like, "No!", at once - some more ministerial students had been drifting out with everyone, and had stopped and joined their friends and were also looking at the bunny - but one had lit up a cigarette too, and was kind of laughing, so right when everyone had stopped paying attention, I stooped, gathered up some snow, and handed him a snowball, and was like, "Bet you can't hit it."

He was hammered and looked a bit gleeful at the suggestion, so he whipped the snowball at the bunny (which was only like 3 yards away), but it hit just below the bunny's feet, and the bunny sprang up like 2 feet into midair with its paws tucked in, and then ran away under some bushes...

And with that, all the ministerial students stopped talking, and just stood around looking at each other.

"Man," someone was like, "I've never seen a rabbit jump straight up like that before."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew that ministerial students had a cruel streak!

el blogador said...

I too like scaring animals!!! Ever since I was a little kid, too.

Anonymous said...

Guess you don't believe in karma or reincarnation!

el blogador said...

Perhaps then the Hindu god intended me to scare them, as part of their punishment.