Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Also worked up -- my advisor.

On Fri. afternoon when I was around school, I passed my advisor in the vestibule when I was heading out...

She was in a rush, just like I always am, but called out in response as we passed each other, "How are you doing?"

"To tell you the truth," I said, hushing my voice -- and at this she stopped dead and turned around to face me -- "I'm very upset over health care maybe failing, and then this Supreme Court decision."

As she looked at me, her face was very grave, and her eyes were teary (I've never seen her like that).

"I know," she was like, "I am too."

Then, she added as she grimaced and turned around to leave, "But don't worry, things will get better," and as she said that, her voice was strained like she was on the edge of crying.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Maybe she was sad about something else and what you said just pushed her over the edge?

el blogador said...

No, I think she was also just really upset.