Friday, January 29, 2010

More Student Bar Sleaziness...

I forgot -

The other night when I was in the student bar, the younger (black) bartender, who's a really nice guy and like the only younger bartender I like, was telling me and a barfly I know that he's had his fun at the student bar, and remembers once looking around in the room he was bartending in (the bar is set up in multiple rooms, with bars in the front and the back) and realizing that he'd slept with five women who were in the room right then.

Also, I always order my whiskey and glass of water "...and no straws", because plastic is petroleum, and the gruff old white bar tended started giving me good-natured hassling over it that same night, and then when he asked me why, I told him that oil got us into Iraq, and plus they had brain-washed my generation with Earth Day since elementary school, and to that, he was like, "Well, there's worse things you can be brainwashed with," and he told me that from now on, when he remembers, he's going to stop putting straws in glasses unless people ask.

No comments: