Saturday, October 24, 2009

Went to the sex doc social hour the other Tuesday.

I went to the sex doc social hour thing a few Tuesdays ago.

(Yeah, it was a while ago, but what can I say, I forgot about it.)

Anyhow, I was due to have drinks with a friend later that night, so I was only able to come for like 45 minutes.

There were like 3 new people, and they were all sitting together: one quiet older fat guy who didn't say too much, this middle-aged balding who thought he was funny and tried to dominate the conversation, and this kind of plump middle-aged woman with auburn hair who had a slightly funky sweater on and cool earrings and looked like she was into poly.

As it turns out, she was finalizing her divorce, and she was into poly.

She also was an artist who did knitting for a living -- "Oh, you're a fabric artist?", I was like, trying to use the lingo, and she corrected me nicely and was like, "No, I'm a textile artist" - and, as it turns out, she frequents knitting groups throughout the city that she learns about online so she can meet new people while she works, and she even knew a doctoral student from my program through the knitting group in my neighborhood.

"They're so much cooler than the knitting group in [the hipster neighborhood]," she was like. "When I say something about being poly, no one bats an eye, but the other week in [the hipster neighborhood], I was telling a story and I wasn't thinking and I started off a story and said it was from my boyfriend's other girlfriend, and everyone looked down at me!

"Bunch of prude-ass yuppies," she was like.

Later, since the original program of the doc series is running out and people are talking about cutting it down to once a month but finding new docs to consider it, the one older (white) guy who used to be a thug in an Italian neighborhood but then became a male nurse and later a sexologist showed me some DVDs that he knew the makers of, so he could get viewing rights easily and we'd have something right away for November.

As it turns out, most were instructional, like "Fire in the Valley" (subject: female genital massage) and something by a guy out of San Francisco on anal massage.

"I've always wanted a massage by him, but I've never gotten one yet!", he was like, affably.

He also had a doc "Petals" about women's relationships to their vulvas, and he had the accompanying pictoral art book that went with it, and he also showed me that.

"He photographed everything in sepia to make it softer and more artistic," he was like.

"That's cool," I was like, "Did he also do some flower-arranging?", and at that he laughed, and told me that no, he didn't, but he had photographed everyone post-orgasm (either coitus or masturbation) so that the petals were at their prime.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you said that the "textile artist" was "into poly" I first thought "polyester" (obviously I was reading out of order...:)...). Saludos. L.

el blogador said...

No no no senor, esta es esta:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliamor

Anonymous said...

Gracias nene. But, oh my goodness, the Spanish article is so poorly edited! The English wiki article is much better written... Y por lo demás, me hiciste reír con eso de los "arreglos forales." I have this very vivid mental picture of two or three women in their late 60s with elaborate hairdos, glossy nails and flower-patterned shirts in black, yellow and red making flower arrangements at a local shop... :)

PS "poliamoroso" really rolls off the tongue -- I'm a big fan of Spanish words with the -oroso ending e.g. in the Spanish verses "los valles solitarios nemorosos ... los ríos sonorosos, los silbos de aires amorosos"

Anonymous said...

PS 2 "arreglos florales"

JUSIPER said...

Putososo, mariconoso, and especially culoso, i love how it rolls off the tongue, or lengua as we say.

Anonymous said...

Putososo? A puto who is soso? ("a bland whore"?)

el blogador said...

No, a whore who is just okay. "She was puta so-so". In Spanish, they put the adjectives *after* the nouns.