Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Guess what?: More silverfish.

The other night I had this horrible pain from a sinus headache - it woke me up like 4 times that night despite my taking some appropriate over-the-counter medicine - and like at 2:30am when I went to go boil some water so I could inhale the vapor and see if that unclogged me - for some reason, my neti pot wasn't giving me relief - I looked over to this built-in nook in my kitchen, and there was a small silverfish (less than an inch long).

I took off my sandal to crush it, but I got the angle wrong (it was difficult, it was sitting right next to the wall) and it ran away into a crack.

Also, the other day I picked up my IKEA lamp in the living room to sweep under it when I was talking on the phone and cleaning, and there too was sitting a small silverfish (less than an inch).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be silverfish up your nose? Just wondering....

Anonymous said...

I never quite understood how silverfish became the bane of your life! You truly have a hate-hate affair with them... :) Abrazos, Luis

Anonymous said...

How to keep silverfish away from your books.
1. Cut some sprigs of thyme.
2. Make sure that they are dry. They can be fresh but must not be damp.
3. Place the thyme sprigs behind the books on each shelf. Bruise a little to release the scent. Silverfish do not like thyme and will keep away.
4. Replace every few months. Grow some thyme indoors to help with this exercise.

JUSIPER said...

But don't stitch the thyme unless you want to save nine.