Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weird Dream.

So, the other night I had a weird dream, probably caused by me the other week during my Greek reading session talking with the 2nd-career doctoral student who is Jewish about biblical fundamentalism and how it crosses orthodox-conservative-liberal lines.

Anyhow, I dreamt that somehow I was in his apartment in New York City (?), and I walk in and there's this little dingy kitchen that is maybe twice the size of the space where the door swings open, and I see this drain, and I know in the drain is where they put the bomb because of all the scholarship that he was doing that was riling up the conservative Jews. Then, I go in a door to the right, and I'm in this walk-in closet with some clothes hanging up, and a small bed there, and I realize that that's all of his apartment, and that that's where he lived and studied (? - past tense, was he dead?), and that there wasn't even room for him to spread out his Septuagint and lexicon and grammatical aides for when he was translating.

No comments: