Thursday, January 22, 2009

3 things.

1) Yesterday I woke up and had my coffee in my Obama mug. I liked it; it reminded me that it was the first full day of his presidency.

2) Flashback from when I was at school watching the inauguration ceremony --

Everyone laughed when Dick Cheney was wheeled out, and this visiting German pastor who I knew who was sitting the row behind me and my neighbor who I had volunteered in Indiana with was like, "I do not like Dick Cheney either, but I do not like how people laugh, it is very, very..." -- "Mean?", I was like -- and he was like, "Yes, mean," and then my one neighbor's law prof broke in to our conversation and was like, "I don't care what you think, Dick Cheney can go fuck himself!"

3) This one evangelical kid I know was telling me how over Christmas when he was at his wife's family's house in Syracuse he went with her brother and her dad to go rent movies for the family for Christmas Eve, and they always watch one movie for kids first and then the kids go to bed and then the adults rent a movie, so the three of them were standing around talking about if anyone had any ideas for the adult movie they were going to rent, and he all of a sudden realized how they sounded and was like, "Uh, guys, I really don't think we should be saying 'adult movie' so much, or so loudly."

No comments: