Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More snot.

My third cold in the last ten weeks is finally clearing up - I can sleep through the night now without waking up since I'm choking on post-nasal drop - but this morning when I did my neti pot, though, even though the water poured on through my nostrils in giant gushes and I wasn't blocked up, when I went to blow in the sink, huge, thick ribbons of snot flew out into the sink, and were a color like if you kept mixing olive paint with eggshell paint till the olive got really really light.

When I poured the water through a second time, nothing much happened, it seemed, except from some stinging at the end from the salt, but when I went to blow, this sticky-looking booger about the size of two pencil erasers flew out from somewhere deep within, and it was a bright yellow with hints of dark brown, and it used to be really crusty way back somewhere in my nostrils before the water drove it out, I could tell. I wonder where the fuck that came from, though, it was so unlike the other snot. For a minute I thought it actually had a little scab in it and the brown was congealed blood from a slight bloody nose I must have never noticed, but when I looked at it, you could just tell it was festering bright yellow snot, not blood.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

I wonder if anyone reads snot, like auras or tea leaves.

el blogador said...

My summer project? I bet it would work.