Sunday, January 13, 2008

Martinis on Friday.

On Friday after dinner at a friend's place we stayed in locally to go to this one nicer Asian restaurant in the neighborhood that just opened up and has a cocktail bar in addition to the whole restaurant thing it has going on, and so when we went to the bar, I decided to try their Saigon martini, which had fermented green tea and rose wine in it, among other things, and as soon as the bartender served it up to me, these two black women at the bar next to me turned around and were like, "What is that!?!?!" I gave them a sip -- they got swizzle sticks and poked them in and sipped the martini through them -- only when I was holding out the martini, I spilled a little bit as the glass tipped since the bartender had filled the glass full up.

"Alcohol abuse, alcohol abuse!" the one woman with the green skirt and gaptooth kept saying while I was spilling it, like I had the DTs or something, so I told her that now they had to give me a sip of their drinks, and so at that point the other one, who had her hair pulled back and was in a Bears sweatshirt, took out a swizzle stick and gave me a drink of her lemondrop martini, which was suprisingly tart. We then talked for a while, and when we finally got around to introducing ourselves, I found out that their names were Tamala and Ondra, and that they really like martinis.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Wonderful. What are the DT's?

Anonymous said...

DTs means delirium tremens. Withdrawing from alcohol can cause them.