Sunday, January 13, 2008

Miss Miss Hit.

Like two weeks ago I found out that on the 23rd of the past month, this one 'Christ Universal Temple' way south of me that I always see ads for in the paper -- the minister of the church is this regal-looking black woman in her 50s with gold streaks in her hair and a silver and blue robe who always gives sermons with inspirational titles -- had their annual tree-lighting and Christmas pageant, and their special guest was Jennifer Holliday (the woman who originated the Effie role in Dreamgirls that Jennifer Hudson took over), but, since was out of town, I missed it, so I was pissed.

Like Thursday of this week, too, I found out that the local cinema on campus had shown on Wednesday Almodovar's "All About My Mother", which I've always wanted to see on the big screen, but never had a chance to, so since I wasn't aware of it in time, I missed something I really wanted to go to again, so I was pissed again.

Yesterday night, however, was the Barry Manilow concert, and I was there, and I was thrilled. I don't have time to write about it now, but I will soon...

No comments: