Friday, January 18, 2008

More flirty fishing for the weekend: Hans.

From Chancellor's Life in the Family, pp. 119-120, the testimony of Naomi, a Canadian disciple:

The first fish I got close to was Hans, an elderly man. He was missing one arm and one eye. He was very lonely. He lived alone in his apartment, the kind of person who really needed us. I established a friendship with him, going over to his place every week, twice a week for a while. We would read the Word together, spend time together. Because of his age, he was not always able to make it sexually, but he still needed someone to give him affection. He was so sweet. Every month we would meet and he would go out and buy the groceries for the home, and give us donations, too. He loved the Lord, he loved Dad and The Family.

I remember our first time together. When he took off his artificial arm, it was quite shocking for me. I fled into the bathroom. There I just prayed "Lord this is a little *hard*!" As I was praying, I had a vision of this man in Heaven, with a *whole* body. I never had a problem after that. That vision showed me it was the Lord's love. The Lord gave me a real love for him. It was totally unselfish. There was nothing in it for me, certainly no sexual attraction. I didn't care about that. He needed to be loved, cared for. And the more I loved him, the more he loved the Lord.

I might put up more excerpts next week.

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Oh my God. That's freaking unbelievable.

JUSIPER said...

Wait... Does that mean they did "make it sexually?"

el blogador said...

This book is an oral history of people who stayed in the cult, too. It was allowed by the highest levels of leadership after the prophet's death, so it's some measure of coming clean and public relations, it seems, but the truly negative memories of people who got disgusted and left aren't included.

And yes, I understand the passage to mean that they _did_ make it sexually (not just all the time).