Thursday, January 17, 2008

Too much.

Yesterday I had a little wine at an after-lecture reception, then a Guinness and some whiskey at a bar afterwards with a friend, then more beer later that night when I was meeting up with some people. I got back to my apartment at like 1pm totally hammered (no dinner) and ended up microwaving a shawarma sandwich and eating that and a hardboiled egg in my 1950s dining room in my boxers (have to have boxers or my ass sticks funny to the chrome-and-black-vinyl chairs) and reading the Chronicle of Higher Education on English lit collections and their role in canonizing authors and their works, or not.

Anyhow, at one point a piece of shawarma fell on my chest and I went to pick it up, and I realized the shawarma had fallen onto my chest and then (which I hadn't realized) onto my lap, and what I took for shawarma when I went to go pick it up was actually my nipple.

No comments: