Thursday, October 25, 2007

TV - Gym reading - More on Classics people - Book.

If I had a tv, I think I'd watch "Gossip Girl".

At the gym I hit two new lows tonight -- I brought along Gibbon's "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" to read for class, but I ended up reading USWeekly instead because a cover story "Inside Brit's Twisted Mind" caught my eye.

It's interesting that Early Christianity people, who read a lot of the same texts as Classicists (though the reverse isn't true), is an entirely different type of person... They tend to be searchers, many from fundamentalist backgrounds, or people who feel strongly about the Bible and how it's read. If you put Classicists and Early Christianity people in a room, I think you could easily tell them apart.

Going home now to read my brand-spanking new copy of "The Bible and Its Influence".

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

I liked both of these posts. They make quite a lot of sense, too.