Sunday, October 21, 2007

Idioms/The cha-cha/Bugs.

I saw my building's janitor yesterday and he was saying about his sister, who's landlord, that she doesn't have any hair on her tongue. (This was in relation to her telling young people when they move in to be quiet and not have any parties.) I think that idiom is Spanish, too, only my building's janitor and my landlord are not Spanish, but Croatian!

This upcoming week is my last dance classes for tango and samba. People are pissed that intermediate tango isn't going to be coming up for another few months, since everyone's really hyped for it, but instead they're having waltz and cha-cha. I was pissed too, since waltz and cha-cha really don't intereste me, until I remembered that in the original Hairspray movie they dance the cha-cha to "Duke of Earl", which is really sweet, and now makes me want to take the class. I wonder if I convince the instructors to bring in an MP3 of "Duke of Earl" so everyone can dance to it.

On Friday night when I came home I went to open up the blinds so I could open up the windows and air my apartment before bed, only when I opened up the first blind, a 2.5-inch silverfish fell out of the blindwork and onto the floor, and I was able to crush it, fortunately, though it was moving fast because I think it was startled. Last night when I woke up and went to take a piss, a small silverfish (1/2-inch long) was ambling along by the threshold to the bathroom, I noticed mid-piss, so I just gingerly stepped over and crushed it.

4 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Did you know that our friend M. whom you send mass emails to went to Argentina for a tango conference?

el blogador said...

That's so cool! The tango is sweet. I'm totally taking intermediate and advanced tango classes when they offer them.

el blogador said...

I'll also have to tango with M. the next time I see her.

JUSIPER said...

Yes. You definitely will. She's always looking for new dance partners, in any case.