Sunday, September 9, 2007

Black women think I'm cute (I of III): Library.

My one friend who works the guard desk of the main library on campus also has a beautician's chair in her house and does cuts for friends and a small clientele off the books, and though she won't cut my hair -- I asked; she says I sure could get into her neighborhood, but I couldn't get out --she's always looking when I get a new haircut and asking me where I got it and how much it cost, and then to turn around so she can see how it looks. Like a few months ago when I was still trying out haircut places in the neighborhood and I came in from a new place and did this for her, she kind of mmm-hmmmed to herself, which I perceived as an ambiguous mmm-hmmm, so I was like, "So, what do you think?", and she was like, "You or the haircut?, 'cause you know, you could shave your head and still be cute."

No comments: