Sunday, September 9, 2007

Black women think I'm cute (III of III): Mall parking garage.

Saturday afternoon I called some people to let them know that me and some other people were going to a concert downtown and they were welcome to come, and it happened that they were going downtown to the mall and asked me if I wanted a ride, since I mentioned that I was going to go downtown shortly, and since I actually had been thinking of going to a store to check out prices on a CD player and whey protein, they picked me up and I went along with them, though when we got there, it was too nice a day and I didn't feel like spending it inside so I just headed out to Greektown to go get a Greek coffee pot and some Greek coffee as a present for a friend. When we were heading up the elevator from the subterranean parking garage, though, my one friend as I was heading out the door asked me what happened to my legs, and I quickly told her that I had been working outdoors last weekend and got a shitload of mosquito bites on my legs and scratched a few of them when they flared up a few days later and then they scabbed up, which is why I had a couple scabs down by my ankles, and as soon as the elevator doors shut, this late-30s black woman who had gotten out of the elevator with me was like, "What is she talking about? I think you look just fine."

3 comments:

el blogador said...

I then asked her how she was and she started telling me about her hangover from drinking too much the previous night at a jazz club, and how she shouldn't have switched from beer to wine. When I told her that I hoped she felt better soon, she said she had just gotten a smoothie from Whole Foods and was feeling better already.

JUSIPER said...

That's an excellent postscript.

el blogador said...

I shudder to think about drinking smoothies when you're hung over. I've never had any luck with that.