Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Pressure pressure pressure...

I was talking with this one (young black) guy who works library privileges because I had lost my ID card the other night and needed to get it replaced, and when I was saying how busy the library is getting because new students are arriving, he started telling me how much he likes dealing with the freshman and making them less nervous about being away from home although it stresses some of his coworkers out, and he was like, "Some people don't like the pressure, it makes them break, but the way pressure is, with some people," he was like, winking, "it makes diamonds."

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Why the wink? Does he think you're a diamond?

el blogador said...

No, because he knew that he was delivering that line. It was the equivalent of an elbow-nudge in the ribs.