Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My semi-rebellion: Guess who's playing a concert in town!?!??!?!

I found out that Patti Smith is playing a concert Thursday night, though it conflicts with the closing reception. I have one Scotch girl, one Dutch girl, and one Austrian girl, all papyrologists, on board, and one Austrian guy, who also is a papyrologist -- everyone is, here! -- is going if he can talk to some people he's trying to make fundraising links with by then, because if not, he'll have to go to the reception. The Austrian guy was saying that he used to listen to Patti Smith on his grammophone growing up. "I was much younger then," he was like, "but so was Patti Smith."

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

You just wanted to use the word "gramophone."

el blogador said...

No, _he_ said grammophone; I was using his phrasing in indirect speech, jackass.