Sunday, July 29, 2007

Arrived for my conference -- Housing, a sign.

I just arrived in Ann Arbor for a weeklong conference I'm going to this week. Like a couple weeks ago I rang up a girl I knew from high school but hadn't talked to in like five years but knew was living in Ann Arbor -- I called up her mother to get her number; her mom, the local Baha'i coordinator for my county, asked me if I had found out all the answers to my questions yet in doing my ph.d. so far -- and I ended up not only finding out that she's a founding member of the Pussy Pirates, but also getting a room to stay in for the week through her. It turns out that she moved into a new house like a week ago but her old room is still empty, so I'm staying with her two old roommates, who I haven't met yet but she describes as "gentle stoner folk". They left a key under the mat and some sheets out on the boxspring in her otherwise empty room, and welcoming notes in the kitchen. I left them out a bottle of Jack Daniels and a giant chocolate bunny my great aunt the nun gave me two days ago, and a note saying "Pick your poison."

On my walk in to the conference I passed a frat house that had "Harry dies!" spraypainted on it.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Have fun at your conference! Sounds like you are going to have a bit of an adventure while you are there :)