Saturday, September 14, 2024

A recent conversation…

…with my one (half Sudanese) (half British) friend (the sister of the brother-sister pair who I’m friends with).

She was telling me that she was recently back in London for a wedding, and when I was asking her what it was like, she was saying that the bride is (British-Turkish), “so there were a lot of kids there.”

Oh…?”, I was like. “Are you saying that those people have a lot of children..?”

And, she didn’t respond in any way whatsoever, to that comment.

Also, when I was telling her about how there were two obnoxious passengers with loud profanity-filled speakerphone conversations on a recent train ride that I’d had – one man even talking about how he was going to beat someone up -- she said that she’s seen more of that recently on the subway in the city that I used to live in, like she has the kids on there and people are “smoking blunts” and just being all like that, and when I said that those are exactly the type of crazy people where you don’t want to say anything at all, because they’re crazy, she was like, “Exactly.”

No comments: