Friday, February 16, 2024

Two sights in one day:

1) I go to do something in my kitchen, and I look out the window towards the front house, only to see some motion and a flash of like a giant half-eaten bread roll towards the top and back of a big needle-bearing bush, and there I also briefly see glimpses of a very large squirrel, eating and scrambling, as the branches sway and move and then go shaking back slowly into place.

2) At the local library, a group of librarians are gathered in a group behind the front desk and a (blonde) (middle-aged) one who has told me about her childhood trauma before has a guitar out, and she begins deftly strumming the guitar part to Joni Mitchell's "Big Yellow Taxi," as a (middle middle-aged) (dreaded) (hair pulled-back) (black) (female) patron leaning on the counter and looking at something starts singing along, including the "Hey farmer farmer, put away your DDT now" verse.

No comments: