Wednesday, January 10, 2024

My New Year's Eve levity...

...at the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now, where I was making a series of feliz nuevo ano jokes with my (Guatemalan) coworkers and my one (Ecuadorian) coworker, based on a purposeful mistake between ano with a tilde ('year') and ano without a tilde ('anus'):

1) I'd ask my various coworkers como se dice "Happy New Year" en espanol ('how do you say "Happy New Year" in Spanish'), and when they'd tell me, I'd purposefully mispronounce ano and say "anus" and they'd very seriously be like "no" and keep repeating "year" to me, and I'd keep saying "anus" at them, and this would go on for like twenty to thirty seconds before they realized what I was doing..

2) A bit later, I started saying, Come muchos jalapenos y chili, necesito un nuevo ano ("I ate a lot of jalapenos and chili, I need a new anus").

3) Much later, I started holding my belly like I was in pain, and I started saying, No puedo cacar, donde esta mi nuevo ano ("I can't shite, where is my new anus"), at which my one (Guatemalan) coworker about whom we started the diablo joke at first told me to drink water, and then later held up a gigantic knife and made a small circular twisting motion with it.

. . .

No comments: